Refine Your Search
Diesel Mechanic-Maintenance Technician-Advanced Diesel Mechanic-Maintenance Technician-Advanced Diesel Tractor Mechanic Diesel Technician/Mechanic II Diesel Mechanic-Maintenance Technician-Advanced Diesel Mechanic-Maintenance Technician Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
Barrington Transportation - Barrington, ILApply Now - Save Job -
We are a family owned company in the north suburbs seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet of School Buses. As a valued member of our family you will have the opportunity to utilize your skills with a company that will allow you to:
- Perform thorough, accurate PM inspections
- Follow company required schedules and complete all required PM maintenance operations including lubrication, fluid changes, brake adjustment, and tire rotation
- Perform unscheduled maintenance as needed and directed by supervisor
- Perform complex operations including engine, electrical, fuel, brake, and exhaust repairs and field tests
- Perform emergency roadside services as needed
- Document repairs and parts on work orders completely and accurately
- Maintain tools and work place so that shop conditions are neat and orderly
- Job may require on-call duty, extended hours, or weekend work Barrington Transportation Co., Inc. offers a competitive wage and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires a High School Diploma or equivalent supplemented by specialized vehicle and equipment repair courses applicable to diesel bus or truck maintenance and repair.
At least two (2) years’ experience as a mechanic in an Automotive, School Bus, Trucking or Heavy equipment environment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
ASE certification is a plus.
Valid CDL is preferred or must be able to obtain CDL license within 90 days. Air Brakes a plus!
International Diesel experience a plus!
GM Duramax experience a plus!
Proficient with OBDII Diagnostics
Must have own tools
Immediate Openings! Only candidates with Experience on Bus or Trucks will be considered
Click on or paste in your search bar the link below for an application that you may print out, complete and either bring the completed application to our office, email to this address lbundy(at)barringtontrans.com or mail it to the following address.
315 S Hager Ave
Barrington IL 60010
Jon Sander, our general manager will look over your application. The next step, you would receive a phone call or email to explain the next step in your application process.
Link to Application Part #1
Thank you for your interest and best of luck in your job search
Louise Bundy SCO
Apply Now - Save Job -